Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dee Smith Cooper

Hi everyone. I am looking forward to seeing each and everyone of you at our 40th class reunion. The years have passed very quickly, and I hope that life has been good to you. As for me, Alex passed away 6 years ago and I have remarried. After living in 4 other states, I am happy to call Aberdeen home once again. Life is good here.

I have two children - Buddy, age 38 and Julie, age 36. Buddy gave me two beautiful granddaughters - Lacie Dee, age 12 and Emilie, age 6. Julie gave me a wonderful grandson - Trey, age 10. Aren't grandkids wonderful?

Lee (husband) and I live on Darracott Road and have 9 dogs whom we treat like children. Only an animal lover would get this. Our closest neighbors are the cows.

I have taught for 31 years and am presently teaching at Tupelo High School where I teach under Mac Curlee who is our principal. Imagine that.

Enough about me, I would love to know about all of you.

Hasn't Shelley done a wonderful job with this site? Shelley and I have talked almost daily via Windows Live Messenger, and I have enjoyed our conversations so very much. Hoot has also done such a fine job in contacting everyone. I know that it must be difficult to plan a reunion from such a distance.

7 comments:

JUDY DELK said...

Hey Dee..It's me Judy Williams
9 DOGS???? We have 3 and it is
like a ZOO around here at times.
Can't wait to see you and hear
all about the dogs...major dog
lover here.

Shelley said...

Hi Dee Baby Cousin:
Here we are, all three cousins, Dee, Judy and Shelley. It's just like school days again. We are going to have such a wonderful time catching up with hugs and kisses all around. June can not come soon enough.

Dee, you must share all your cruise stories with me, as soon as you catch up at school.

It has been wonderful talking with both of you on the phone and MSN Messenger. Let's keep tight, as we did in Aberdeen. Love you both. See you on the Blog.

Shelley HERNDON Reyes

Joe said...

Dee,
Howdy from Big Sky Country. Great update on your life...clear, concise and brief. I was married for seven years to a lady from Oxford. We had a son who died in infancy. I married again this time to a lady I met in the service in Spain. We have been married 29 years. Our daughter Allison is married, living in Bolling green Ohio. No children yet. Our son Joseph II is 21 and in college in Seward Nebraska. Our nest is finally somewhat empty but Joseph will live with us each summer until he graduates. I retired from the AF as a Lt Col and worked in Mansfield Ohio for nine years as a Quality Manager until we moved back to Great Falls Montana where we have lived since 2001. I do quality stuff here but will fully retire this September. See my blog for activities i do and the loss of a graduate from the Class of 1941.

Shelley said...

Double Deeelicious double cousin:
Put up some pictures so we can see you, your hubby, your beautiful children and their families. Hurry honey, we are anxious to see how stunning you look, Dr. Cooper...in the house teaching chemistry and biology. Tip your hats to the lady gentlemen. School is in session. Lucky Tupelo boys!

Dave Gordon said...

Hello Lady,
It was great seeing you, Lee and everyone else at the Class Reunion. It's a shame we only do it every five years.

Shelley said...

Dee babe double-cousin:

Update this with some pics from the reunion. I love you to pieces...Shelley

Shelley said...

June 26, 2009

Dee, I'm closing the AHS Blog because it has evolved into an Obit column...ugg.

LTU, Honey